Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Elevation Polish Mount Cangyan

Today, February 4th, is World Cancer Day and purple is the color of cancer survival. To honor those who fight and have fought cancer many lacqueristas are choosing to wear purple today. I cannot imagine that there is anyone reading this who has not known someone affected by this cruel disease and so I hope you will consider joining me in wearing purple in support of the battle against it. 

I have chosen to wear Mount Cangyan by Elevation Polish. This is a beautiful polish with complex shimmer - oh shimmer, how I love thee so! Lulu describes it as "a Royal Purple shimmer polish that is highly complex in the light. Red shimmer in high concentration as well as copper & gold shimmer" And shimmer it does, especially when a high gloss top coat is used (such as my beloved HK Girl). 



Mount Cangyan applies beautifully, as is usual with Elevations. The first coat was somewhat sheer but the second was adequate for my personal taste. It dries down ever so slightly matte but the shimmer is still quite visible. 

no topcoat
But throw on a high gloss top coat and POW! Look at that glow. 

daylight

Ottlight

Because the purpose of this manicure was to promote awareness and support of the fight against cancer, I chose to add an accent nail. In this case, I added dots representing the ribbon colors associated with various forms of cancer. Each dot represents untold numbers of lives affected by this vicious disease. I can only hope that the day is soon approaching when medical science will find a way to free us from the terror and dread that comes with a cancer diagnosis. 

daylight

All pictures in this post show two coats of Mount Cangyan over a base coat of CND Stickey and topped with a coat of HK Girl topcoat unless noted otherwise. Elevation polishes are restocked on the 7th and 22nd of each month at the Elevation Big Cartel site but Mount Cangyan is currently in stock on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment