Sunday, August 25, 2013

Indigo Bananas Hallucinate

Let's take a look at another of the Endless Summer Collection from Indigo Bananas. This polish is Hallucinate and it is simply amazing. Andrea describes it as a bronze metallic with green shimmer that shifts from bronze through pink and copper. It shows a great range of color change for me and was another polish that had me flinging my hands wildly all over the place to admire it.

But first, some unfortunate business must be attended to. I am issuing a Cuticle Alert for the remainder of this post. Conditions are favorable for cuticle viewing discomfort and the ick factor may be high. Take all appropriate precautions. Also, VNL doesn't bother me much so I am only wearing two thin coats here. Andrea recommends three thin coats on her shop listing and that would certainly eliminate the VNL if it offends your sensibilities. Blame the blogger not the polish.

Okay, with that behind us, let's get ready to take this polish through its paces! We start off with a relatively sedate look at the more neutral side of this polish: some gold peeks through, a bit of pink.

Let's bump that gold up a little and see what we get, shall we?

Now, ramp up the holo and watch those rainbows dance:
my knees are getting a little weak here...

Shall we push it a little further and check out the bronze action this bad boy can provide?
oh, yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

Can I maybe see that copper in action?

Now watch what happens when we turn down the lights: 
hello dreamy, gleamy, and mysterious!

Remember that green shimmer I mentioned earlier? 
BAM!


Does this polish rock or what? The color play is all over the place. It is complex and beautiful and utterly amazeballs. It is also on-trend with the olive/bronze tones that are supposedly going to be big this autumn. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had purchased the entire Endless Summer collection. I believe this may be my favorite color of the bunch! If you like it as much as I do, head on over to the Indigo Bananas Etsy shop and grab a bottle of your own.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's make this trend happen! I've been liking all the olive colors coming out so far, and it's usually not a color I gravitate to. Awesome shots, especially the last one, and I love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm even more excited for this color now! The green shimmer is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete